ITIN Services-Certifying Acceptance Agent

For the purposes of assisting individuals with these applications, Frontier is recognised by the IRS as an Authorised Certified Acceptance Agent. What this essentially means is that Frontier assumes a greater responsibility in facilitating the ITIN application process, in a manner that is clear, efficient and simple.

What is an ITIN and why do I need one?

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain, a Social Security number (SSN).

The purpose of an ITIN is to help individuals comply with the U.S. tax laws, and to provide a means to efficiently process and account for tax returns and payments for those not eligible for Social Security numbers (SSN).

How we can help you

Our ITIN Application Process makes applying for an ITIN simple. In addition, being a Certified Acceptance Agent allows us to review the necessary documents and forward the completed forms to the IRS. One of the many advantages of using our service is that we are able verify your original identity documents in house, removing the need to submit these original documents to the IRS as part of your application. We are also able to co-ordinate with the IRS and answer any questions they may have.

If you are unable to visit us in person, we can arrange for a video conference. As long as you have sent us your original documents and we have them in our possession during the interview, we can certify your original documents via video conference.

ITIN Renewal Process

ITIN Numbers will eventually expire as a result of the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act enacted in December 2015. An expired ITIN could delay your tax refund and make you ineligible for certain tax credits, such as the Child Tax Credit and the American Opportunity Tax Credit, until your ITIN is renewed.

Taxpayers who have not used their ITIN for a tax return in the last three years must renew their ITIN before filing a 2017 tax return. You must also renew your ITIN number if your number has middle digits 70, 71, 72, 78, 79, or 80. You are not required to attach your tax return to Form W-7 to renew your ITIN. The renewal period started on October 1, 2016 and is currently ongoing.

EIN Services

Much like an ITIN Number, an Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a federal number that identifies a business entity. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issues EINs and requires their use on all tax filings during the entire life of a business.

In most cases, you need an EIN Number under any of the following circumstances:

  • Your business is new.
  • You need to pay business taxes.
  • You have one or more employees.
  • You want to start a line of business credit.
  • You form a US LLC, Corporation, or Partnership.
  • You form a foreign Limited Company or Partnership that may have a US filing obligation.

We are able to efficiently assist with the preparation of the necessary forms required, as well as liaising with the IRS to successfully and speedily obtain and EIN Number on your behalf.